WCohn, Construction Worker
Experience:  Been in contruction 18+years

I have a beachcomber tub with circulation hush pump. i

Customer Question

i have a beachcomber tub with circulation hush pump. i recently noticed the hush pump was not working as before when it worked all the time. i took the cover off and was checking out the pump, wiring, and circuit board while the main pump was running when suddenly the heater light came on and the hush pump started working. I suspect the temp dropped in the tub, while running without the cover, enough to activate the heater. doing so the hush pump started. before the heater was irrelevant to hush pump operation.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
seems that hush pump only run when heater is on. turn temp down and pump quits
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!Sounds to me like you either have a bad temp sensor or flow sensor.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would think the flow sensor would be ok as if I play with the temp setting, as in set temp higher, the hush pump comes on.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where would I find the temp sensor? I take it would be enclosed in the heater assy. this is a beachcomber #350 spa with main pump and hush pump and basic control panel
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

They are usually in the piping right before the heater assembly. They use a thermistor