Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers

OK. I'm working on my in-ground pool. Very old, estimate 50

Customer Question

OK. I'm working on my in-ground pool. Very old, estimate 50 years. Getting a new liner. Pool guy says skimmer is too small for pool. So decided to replace water lines, both inlets and outlets, and put in a new wide mouth skimmer. Dug up and removed lines removed old skimmer. Metal walls of pool very corroded. Rusted entirely through where old skimmer was. Found relatively good structure near where old skimmer was. Cut hole for new skimmer. What is best way to reinforce structure around new , and where old, skimmer is/was.Cleaned area best I could was going to paint with a rubber based paint. Used it to coat walls in bathroom before installing tile. I can get name. Than was going to cut a piece of something Aluminum, sheet metal, or clear plastic to reinforce with. What would you suggest?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The name of the paint is Redguard. Thought about using plexiglass to avoid galvanic reactions between different metals.
Expert:  Billy replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying