Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction

I have a sundance maxxus spa and replaced the flow valve

Customer Question

I have a sundance maxxus spa and replaced the flow valve because it was cracked and leaking and tried to turn the spa on again but the control panel does come on but there are just dashes and the circuit breaker I turned on and shut of thinking that it may reset but it does not do anything other than shows the dashes again.What is the problem??
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 3 months ago.

The three dashes is a watch dog error code. This can be a couple of different things but most likely it tells you that the sensors (high Limit & Thermostat) are not in balance or have failed. I would start by replacing both sensors and if the dashes still exist then you have to look into a bad circuit board but that is not the usual case. If you open the control box under the spa and find where the sensors plug into the board and trace the wires back to each sensor and replace them. The high limit is usually on the heater housing and the thermostat is located in the filter box area.