Andy B
Andy B,
Experience:  Master Maintenance Electrician at Huntington Ingalls Industries

I have a Hot Spothot tub and the nodes the line1 nuetral and

Customer Question

I have a Hot Spot###-##-####hot tub and the nodes the line1 nuetral and ground come in, there is current coming on the the ground node although the ground is not connected as well as all the grounding areas on the circuit board. What do you recommend?
JA: Who manufactured the hot tub?
Customer: I think it's Watkins
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm a electrician so was kinda hoping to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This problem is causing me to get shock when I enter the water or if I'm cleaning it without footwear.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How much is it going to cost me to proceed, cause u haven't answered my question in any way
Expert:  Andy B replied 2 months ago.

Hello. You're getting current on your ground because you have no ground. This is most likely induced voltage(depending on how many volts you are getting on it). You have to ground your hot tub and you also have to put it on a GFCI as per NEC 680.43 a-2, a-3. You'll also need to bond metal-to-metal on frame or base as per 680.42 B. This will solve your problem with getting shocked.

Expert:  Andy B replied 2 months ago.

If my services have helped you please rate as I will not get credit otherwise. If not, i'm eager to answer any questions you may have.