poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

I have a minimax 150 mv pool heater. pilot lights but no

Customer Question

I have a minimax 150 mv pool heater. pilot lights but no main flame. pilot generator puts out 725mv and drops to 450mv when trying to light main flame. Safety circuit checks out ok. But where the safety circuit is connected to the control module, not the gas valve, there's a problem. I can disconnect the safety circuit leads off the control module and jumper them and the main flame lights and stays on. Have changed the pilot generator,control module, temp pot and the wiring and connections are good. Thought the control module wasn't getting enough power to operate. Don't have a schematic of the control module. Is there a contact that closes in the control module for the safety circuit? The only thing I haven't changed is the thermister probe. could that be causing the control module not to operate? Will the safety circuit still operate correctly if I jumper the TH and THHP wires going to the control module?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Your thermopile output is as good as it gets. If you jump TH & THTP you bypass all the safety devices so it's not safe to operate in that condition. Your best bet is to follow the control circuit and jump out each device in the circuit 1 by 1 until you come to the device that allows the unit to fire only when it's jumped out.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

How did this work out?