poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Teledyne Laars Series 2 ESC Natural gas spark

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Teledyne Laars Series 2 ESC Natural gas spark ignition. Ran fine last year, trying to restart this year and pilot will not stay lit. Gets a spark, tested all electronics. Pilot will light, rest of burner will go, but after a few minutes, pilot goes out and will attempt to restart a few times before shutting off. Trying to determine if I replace gas valve and/or pilot assembly
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Your window just popped up now as I have been searching the internet to find an answer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that is it
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a multi-meter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Ok, when the pilot drops out you need to test for 24 vac across PV & MV/PV on the gas valve. If you don't have it there go back to the ignition control and test at the same terminals there. If you don't have it there then test across 24v & 24v GND.

Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

If you have 24v at the valve and no pilot then the valve is suspect. If you don't have it at the valve but have it at the control then you probably have a bad connection between the valve and the control. If you don't have it at the control but have it at 24v and GND then I'd replace the pilot burner assembly first.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Waiting for the pilot to Go out again....I have checked all the electrical before with no issues, but will try again.
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Ok

Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

How did this work out?