Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers

I have an older Hotsprings Sovereign spa. The heater went

Customer Question

I have an older Hotsprings Sovereign spa. The heater went bad and I removed it from the spa. I unplugged the thermistors from the outside of the board. I disconnected the hoses from the heater and spliced them together. It's ummer so I don't need the heater now. I will replace later. Because the thermistors are unplugged and the heater isn't wired the board, I'm getting a blinking POWER light and spa light won't work and jets won't come on. The circulating pumps works fine. Will the jets work if I plug the thermistors back in and let them hang or will the system only work with all aspects of the spa working properly.Is there a way to make my spa jets work without having a heater.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey Billy, NP you're probably busy. Yes, I do need help. I'm trying to get my spa to work without a heater. The heater is unwired from the control panel and the thermistors are unplugged from the control box. The power light is blinking because it's sensing a problem. Yea, there is no heater. LOL. Can I fool the control unit if i plug the thermistors in but let them hang or is there another way to make the spa jets work. Maybe a bypass. It's summer so I don't need a heater right now. I just want to use the jets. I'll replace the heater when winter comes. I unhooked the water hoses from the heater and spliced them together to have the proper water flow. The circulating pump works fine. I don't think I'm the only person that ever had the heater go bad and still used the jets on the spa. I need a definitive answer (yes or no). Not, "I'm sorry sir, I'm not sure but some spas need all aspects of the spa to be working properly to make everything work properly. Not being an ass. I just need to know where to go from here. Please help. Thanks Billy!