garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

The breaker flips before the circulation pump can start.

Customer Question

The breaker flips before the circulation pump can start. Each pump and heater has been disconnected simentaniously to try to isolate the problem but cant get power to the spa. Could it be a faulty breaker?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 6 months ago.

Hi Dennis:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your spa.

The short answer to your question is yes. Since there is no listing of the brand, make, model, and year of your spa, I will give you a general view of what to try:

At the terminal block, where the incoming lines first enter the spa, disconnect all the wires, keeping the bare connections separated.

Now throw the breaker on and check if it trips. If it does trip with no connection to your spa equipment, you most likely have a faulty breaker. However, keep in mind there is also a possibility that there could be a fault in the wiring that runs from the breaker panel to the spa. Let me know what you find, and we can continue troubleshooting from there. Thank you.