poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

I have a Raypak 2100 heater that was working fine. Someone

Customer Question

I have a Raypak 2100 heater that was working fine. Someone left the unit on and it ran out of gas. I now have the ilo message. any solution?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: yes temperature set ok. The unit tries to light and after a few minutes I get the message.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: sory
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Since you ran out of gas there's probably air in the gas line which is why you have an ILO (ignition lock out) error. To purge the air you need to power the unit down wait a minute then power it back up again. You may need to do this many times to get the air out. There is a quicker way but it involves taking the gas piping apart. Let me know if you'd like instructions for the quicker way.