Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers

I used the spa 3 days ago,,,water level was a little low.

Customer Question

I used the spa 3 days ago,,,water level was a little low. Yesterday I went to get in and it was cold. OH was on the panel. Maybe it over heated, shut off and was cold in 3 days? pushing buttons did nothing so I turned off the power. This morning I turned it back on..PH is on the panel. I loosened a little black hex nut?? on the pump...but the pump or heater? makes a hum but does not act like it is working..the jets do not come one...I don't think water is circulating, so I turned power off again. I don't want to burn it up. I am 62 and female and while I can read....I am not mechanically inclined. I need some help but am not sure I can work thru this with on line help but I would like to try. I thin I will need to take the lap top to the spa with me while I get advice
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I still need help.....I see my credit card was charged so I called the company, they helped me log in to I could get to this page
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you help? I know my schedule has been difficult but I am home now
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

our maiin concern is the hum...this is likely a 220v motor and we need to see if it is getting the proper voltage.

It could be not getting power, could be seized, bad capacitor...but first we need voltage reading.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that (voltage reading) is beyond me.....I went to the spa place where I bought it and she said to loosen the nut that lets air out (I already had) UNTIL WATER COMES OUT) which I had not done. So I came home to try it.....and it was running!!!!!!!!!!! a miracle....maybe the nut was loose enough the air eventually all leaked out. I do not know but I tightened it and thanked God for the help. Hubby left 3 wks ago and I was at a loss as to how to get this fixed on a budget.
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

I am very glad all worked out.

Your persistance really paid off.

Have a great weekend

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't think I got help from this site, but I do not want to hurt your ratings, what do I do?
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

That is 100% understandable.

All you do is not rate...and then disregard computer generated reminders to rate. You may get 2 messages within a week,,,just disregard them