garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

Drained my Hawkeye Enterprise spa to clean and refill it.

Customer Question

Drained my Hawkeye Enterprise spa to clean and refill it. Spa was working fine when I turned off the breaker. After refilling, the breaker will not turn on. It trips immediately.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 5 months ago.

Hi Lee:

my name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your spa.

I had a similar situation, but the spa was a different manufacturer, (Master Spa). However, most spas are similar enough in operation, that I believe this would be worth a try:

Locate the connections for the heater element on the circuit board, should be two wires. With the power off to the spa, disconnect these two wires from the board, and move the wires away so they wont make contact with anything electrical on the board.

Now, power the spa back on, and if the broker doesn't trip, let it run for a short while. Let me know what you find and we can continue from there. Thank you.

Expert:  garrygoeson replied 4 months ago.

Hi:

Just checking back to see if you had a chance to temporarily disconnect the heater, and if so, did it stop the GFI from tripping? Please post a response when you can. Thank you.