Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

We have a pentair master temp 400. When we turn it on we

Customer Question

Hello. We have a pentair master temp 400. When we turn it on we hear it ignite then it shuts right off then the service heater light comes on. There are no error codes. We had the gas meter changed yesterday to a larger one.
JA: Has this happened before?
Customer: No. We had our pool redone, they hooked everything back up and it worked for about three weeks then stopped.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly. We're trying to get someone out but not sure if we can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Are there any common issues/remedies that sound similar to ours? The unit is roughly 3 or 4 years old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Since there are no error codes there's a good chance you have air in the gas line. Replacing the gas meter would introduce air into the gas line. How many times have you cycled the unit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cycled 5 or 6 times.... 2" gas line that is roughly 65-70' from meter. I thought the same thing. Should I try a few more times? Also wanted to add that was running fine b4 as far as we know
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

It wouldn't hurt to cycle it several more times. There really isn't anything you can fix yourself on this unit except maybe replace the ignitor but if it fires up a bad ignitor is not a likely culprit.