Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

Having a heater issue on a masterspa legend series 2002

Customer Question

Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The panel shows a 03 code, but does not stay on. We had a leaking jet pump and replaced gasket. Heater has not kicked in yet. We have waited for 1 hour and the temperature has only increased by 1 degree with cover on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We took control panel off and moved a wire and all the jets came on and then a frozen code came up. We took the breaker out, waited 1 minutes, now there is no code on after the priming completes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Billy replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here is what we have done, replaced heater, and replaced draine hose connection because it came apart. We have also cleaned filters with a solution and o rings on pump 2.It stayed working for a week and then it stopped heating again.when we turn the hot tub breaker on it will prime fine. It takes a minute for temperature to show so we get a 0F and lines and an 03 code shows. Then the temperature will register after about a minute. Then if you run a jet the 03 code will go away. We have bubbles coming up from the bottom when we prime. All jets are working and sound normal. The ozone box and tube was disconnected by previous owner.
Is this truly a temperature sensor issue? i have a hard time believing that replacing filters that are over 3 months old will change this issue. What are your thoughts.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This hot tub is a 2002 master spa legend series. Yes I would like to continue talking as we have done all we can think of doing except the temperature sensors.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Everything I am reading about a balboa heater, which is what we have, the code should be SN if the heating sensor needs to be replaced.