tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

I recently bought and installed a Hayward SwimClear C4030

Customer Question

I recently bought and installed a Hayward SwimClear C4030 filter. Installation was easy and directions were good. My pool cleared up pretty well but when I went to vacuum the pool it seems that everything goes right through and back into the pool. So now it is dirty on the bottom and a little cloudy. I have washed the filter cartridges and looked at them and they seem fine, the connections all look good. I do understand how it is suppose to work but this is the first cartridge filter I have had. Past filter was a SwimQuip DE filter.
Thanks *****
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 3 months ago.
As long as the only way to get water back to the pool is through the filter either the cartridges aren't seated or there is a rip that opens under pressure.