Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

OH Code comes on and then the spa shuts down, ok thank you,

Customer Question

OH Code comes on and then the spa shuts down
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok thank you
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if at all possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.

OH is a standard error code for "over heat". This can happen due to a few reasons. Either the area around the sensor thinks the water is over 108 degrees (approximately) or the area where the sensor is in the pipe is hot from the outside heat or motor. OR it could be the sensor is bad. Does the water feel extra hot? Try cooling the water down and see if the error goes away. If not you may need to replace sensor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the water is very hot

Check your filter run time and be sure it is not on longer than needed (2 - 4 hours only needed at most). It is in emergency shut down. This can occur during summer, usually on hot tubs that are not fully foamed (foam keeps heat out as well as keeping it in). Turn down the heat setpoint also. It should cool down if you take cover off at night.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
should the glow bottle be black? It looks like it is burned out, and can this be replaced?

Not sure what the glow bottle is. Can you take a picture? Or is this on the led screen indicating the spa is on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do we need to have it on? Because we have the breakers off to work on it, I will send the picture of the glow bottle.

I think you need to have it on for the glow bottle to work...sorta sounds like it shows power.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok I am not sure how to send a picture to you on here I am working on it :)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we can't figure out how to post a picture, tried to have you call but says not available,

I could not get the phone to work either. However, if the glo light does not come on it is probably because the hot tub is in emergency cool down period. More than likely it will come back on when water is cooler. If the problem continues your equipment temp sensor needs to be checked as well as the board and / or relays depending on the hot tub brand.