Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

Jandy 1400: "cell reversing" light remains on all the time,

Customer Question

jandy 1400: "cell reversing" light remains on all the time, no chlorine production. no error codes, new cell, sensor and control board last year. cell/ sensor are clean. when cycle power off then on systems will produce chlorine for a bit before going back to cell reversing. what should I try next?
JA: Has this happened before?
Customer: no, system ~10 years old, thus the new cell/ new sensor (the new 2 probe model with circuit built into wire
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is there a question that you need answered beyond what I described?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
would still like your help since I've exhausted my brain. I am NOT getting the "no flow " light and thinking it is the power interface board. At this point I will not be able to look at it until tomorrow afternoon.
Expert:  Billy replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** are positive the flow/pressure switch is making contact?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I power down and restart I get the "no flow" words on the controller and the light for the first couple minutes as it reboots. Then light goes out and appears to act normal for a couple hours until it reverts to " cell reversing". When I shut off pump, it senses low flow quickly.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not see a response.
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 3 months ago.

The no flow light when shutting down is normal. The cell reversing all the time needs to be checked to see if it really is reversing or if the board just thinks it is. Are there any error code numbers that come up on the display?

Have you replaced the cell cord recently? The cell reverse is the electrical polarity changing which helps to move scale from one blade to another thus entering the water and cleaning the cell. I see your unit is old and you may have replaced the cell so the cord is suspect and also check the wiring to be sure plugged in snugly and no damaged wires.