poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Jandy Lite2 LJ250 not igniting. When the igniter lights up I

Customer Question

J***** *****te2 LJ250 not igniting. When the igniter lights up I can jump the gas valve and fire up the heater, but it does not fire up on its own.
I followed troubleshooting guide in the manual and determined that the power control board was not sending voltage to the gas valve, during the ignition sequence.I replaced the board last year, without success.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just checked the ground on the control board again and after cleaning up those connections, it began to work again. BUT then stopped after a couple tests. I gave it a better ground and it still doesn't work. I am going to put a little dielectric grease on the 6-pin connector tomorrow and see if that helps. I may also replace the 6-pin connector, as the ground wire in the pin (top left) seems twisted a little.
Expert:  WCohn replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is Wade. Do you believe you have fixed it or do you want some more ideas?