Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction

Sta-rite system 3 in-ground pool filter: Having a very, very

Customer Question

sta-rite system 3 in-ground pool filter: Having a very , very HARD time opening housing to clean cartridge ! Even worse time closing and sealing it back !! Replaced O-ring, and Lubed the ring ! very frustrating ! Can You Advise ? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 4 months ago.

There is no perfect easy way to do this, but here is what I do....When opening filter loosen and take off all the clamps, now here is the fun part, either get a big flat head screwdriver and pry open each section in a cross like pattern or if you are brave like me, you can turn the pump on for a second to let the pressure inside filter pop the lid off, but beware that this can be dangerous if you are not careful. Keep your hand on the off switch to pump, so you can immediately shut it down when filter pops. I recommend the screwdriver method first, now for re-installing get a rubber mallet and use that to smack at the tank lid to get it to fit, again put clamps on in a cross like pattern.