tomen99
tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor
63148040

I have a gunite plaster pool. the last three years I

Customer Question

I have a gunite plaster pool. the last three years I converted to a ionizer instead of chlorine and the water is clean and had my pool guy check for phosphorus as well as any other metals ect! I have a large yellow Stain that wont brush out with a steel brush? Its on the stairs as well as a big area in the shallow end. Any ideas how to get it out? What is it?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 10 months ago.
When you say ionizer do you mean a salt chlorine cell or something else? You need residual oxidizer in the water. I would try a light acid wash on the stair portion. Sometimes you can get a crystal oxacilic acid and use it in a mesh bag underwater.