Papatrexas, General Contractor
Experience:  I am licensed general & Electrical contractor for more then 35 years with 40 years experience in the construction industry.

Why won't my filter locking ring turn far enough to latch? I

Customer Question

Why won't my filter locking ring turn far enough to latch? I have had this filter 5 yrs. And never had a problem with dismantle and re-install. Help Alexis
Sorry. I only use PayPal
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Papatrexas replied 4 months ago.

Hello Alexis and welcome to JustAnswers. My name is and I will be happy to assist you with your question.

What kind of filter is it

Can you send a picture?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It s a Starite System 2 modular media filtration PLM300. A photo can be found on their website. I downlaoded their PDF .
I have had this filter for 3 years and have always serviced it myself. No problems until this week. The Filter Lock Ring will not compete the final turn so it engages with the lock. I have taken the top of the tank of several times, re-positioned the O ring again and again. Everything looks like it should. I drop the locking ring into place and let it sit naturally. O ring not bulging anywhere. Yes it was lubricated as I have always done. Kept the air release open. The filter is sitting in the tank properly.
Don't know what else to do. My pool is now green because this has been going on 5 days. I look forward to your ideas.Alexis

Ok Alexis from what you told me I am not going to question and the experience you have with this filter

This is what is in the manual (Place the Posi-Lok™ ring squarely over the tank shell threads and rotate COUNTERCLOCKWISE until the ring)

So the only thing I can suggest is to check the treads because some times plastic threads sometimes tend to start wrong and as a resold the ring or nut per say dose not thread all the-way.

Let me know after you check the threads please.

Did you have a change to check my suggestion?