Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

My pump is running but there seems to be no circulation of

Customer Question

my pump is running but there seems to be no circulation of water and there is an algae buildup in our pool. exactly how should valves be set for normal filter operation?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 8 months ago.

I need to know what filter system you have. D.E. Sand Cartridge and by valve placement are we talking Jandy valves in the plumbing or multi port valve connected to filter?

The multi port should be in Filter mode and if jandy valves you need to look at the handle of each valve and there is a word OFF on the triangle part of the handle, whichever pipe the word OFF is facing is the plumbing line that is closed. You want to be sure the word OFF is facing no plumbing lines so the water has freedom of movement.