poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

I have a T-15 salt cell it reads a salinity level of 1300 I

Customer Question

I have a T-15 salt cell it reads a salinity level of 1300 I had it read at pool store Leslies they got a reading of 2800 my check salt light is on
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 4 months ago.

Usually when your swg unit (salt water generator) is reading lower than what a professional test is showing (plus or minus 300ppm) it is an indication that your cell is aging out. How old is your cell and how many months a year do you run it and at what percentage? The two different readings on your unit show first of all the Average salt reading over the past 30 days and then when you do the diagnostics reading it shows the salt reading at that time. Either way you are reading low on your unit. Have you done a diagnostics that gives you the cell amps and voltage? Some of the units do not allow that. Let me know the above so I can help further.