tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

I use a bromine dispenser with my in ground pool. I have had

Customer Question

I use a bromine dispenser with my in ground pool. I have had the guage opened fully and I cannot get the bromine level to register using my loiquid test kit. The Hayward dispenser seems to be fine
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 4 months ago.
What model disoenser? Does it appear to be using any product? How old is the dispenser and your test strips?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Dispenser is over 15 years old. But I checked all the in/output control and check valves and they are fine. I just put one full bag of Bromine 1" tablets in the dispenser and I will monitor over the next several hours to make sure they are processing.