garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

I am trying to convert a model LG125N pool heater from 240

Customer Question

i am trying to convert a model LG125N pool heater from 240 volt to 120 volt - can you tell me where the transformer is located
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 5 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your heater.

I just want to confirm which heater you have. Is it the Laars Lite 2, Model LG125N?

I want to be certain it's NOT the LD125? Does you heater have a standing pilot or is it electronic ignition?

It's very important to know if it is the LD or LG heater, as they are very different in how they operate, and I want to give you accurate information about your heater

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is an LG heater

The Laars Lite 2 Model LG, has a standing pilot. It is also known as a Millivolt heater.

This translates to a heater that operates off of a small DC voltage that is generated by a thermopile located next to the pilot. The heat from the standing pilot causes the thermopile to generate this voltage.

The heater does NOT have a transformer since it is not Electronic Ignition!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we actually finally just figured that out printed a manual off the internet, but i had the wrong model - once we found the LG manual he figured that piece out now we are just trying to get the pilot to light

OK. Once you get the pilot lit, run the pump and the heater should fire.

If you're satisfied with my help, please submit a Positive Rating, as this is the only way I get credited. Of course, if there are additional questions on this topic, I'll still be able to help you further. Thank you very much.