Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction

FLO warning on my Vita Spa LC560. I pulled breaker, I

Customer Question

FLO warning on my Vita Spa LC560. I pulled breaker, I drained it, refilled it, changed filter, and reset computer by holding PROG for 5 seconds. Still have same issue
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Im draining it once more and going spray hose directly into filter ports (intake) to see if maybe it's clogged. Then refill and give it another try. After that then Im assuming it's a part needed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Normally when I drain and refill there is an airbubble in the line that prevent the jets from working. The easiest fix I use is opening the main pump (pvc) pipe about 5 inches in diameter and letting water out quickly before screwing it back together. Pretty normal process.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 4 months ago.

The other part which causes FLO error code is the Pressure/Flow Switch located on or next to heater housing. It will have two small wires going to circuit board. You can try jumping across these wires to simulate the switch closing, if this works the switch may be defective but you have to verify that there is GOOD water flow through heater, if circulation pump that feeds water to heater is not working then the switch is doing it's job and you need to fix pump.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Last night I refilled it after flushing the filter ports with the hose. When I turned it back on it worked, the heater bubbles were going etc. I tried the bubbles and they worked. The. I tried the heavy duty jets and they were not working as I need to let the air bubble out. No big deal,standard fix. By the time I shut off the Jets the flo light came on again and shut off the heater. Keep In mind I ran these tests without the filter cartridge as I wanted to make sure the issue want any of my the filter cartridges. When the heater was working it sounded like it was struggling a bit. Does that tell me it's not getting proper flow?

it sounds to me like the pump housing may be clogged. I would remove the pump, take off the face plate of the pump and inspect and clean out the veins of the impeller. You may have enough water flow for low speed but not ffor high speed. After that I would consider the flow switch to be a problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What does the circulation pump hosing look like on the Vita Spa LC560? I researched replacement pumps and it directs me to the red cylinder shaped pump. That was the unit I heard struggling before flo light kicked on. I though that was the heater itself. Just want to be sure I'm removing the correct pump. Once out literally take it apart to find impeller area etc?

OK so the front of every pump has a face plate usually the face plate has 10 or 12 screws around the front, once you remove the screws take a flat head screw driver and pry the face plate open once inside you will see the impeller and clean that out.