Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

I have a Jandy Aquapure ei salt chlorinator. It shows "no

Customer Question

I have a Jandy Aquapure ei salt chlorinator. It shows "no flow" for the past week. I've already cleaned the cell, backwashed, then replaced the cell and i have 3500 ppm salt. Any suggestions? 30,000 gal pool
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I am very familiar with the Aqua Flow. Some questions for you:

1. Is this a two or three outlet cell?
2. Have you ever replaced the sensor?
3. How old is the equipment?
4. Do you have a voltmeter?

Please let me know and I'll try and help.

Steve

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have one cell that has 4 connections on the top. One of them (blue) is the flow sensor. You can't replace it.
I replaced the whole cell and that didn't help. http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0331400.pdf.
2 yrs old.
Yes, i have a multi-meter
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry, I just realized this was an EI. I am not familiar with it.

I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other pool experts to chime in.

I'm sorry about that. Hold on.

Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.

NO flow means that the flow sensor (also called trisensor as it measures temperature, flow and salinity) is not getting the flow needed to operate (approx. 24 gpm) or it thinks it is not getting the flow. Since you replaced the cell I doubt it is an error and we need to look at your system. I understand you backwashed so be sure to check the pressure gauge on your filter and that you do not need to backwash again. Otherwise be sure that when you replaced the cell that the arrow on the unit is pointing WITH the flow of the water, it should be in the direction the pool water is flowing. Be sure the water in the pool is high enough, the skimmer baskets are clean, the pump basket is clean and there is no air in the system coming into the pump basket. Air in the system can cause this error as well. IF you have a multiple speed pump you may need to set the rpm's for a higher level. IF all of this checks out then you need to clean the flow sensor. I have attached a picture of this. YOu will see the gray cord and follow it to the piece. ONLY use a scotchbrite pad and clean the paddle. Sometimes it can get a film or crust on it that prevents a reading. If this does not fix the problem then you will need to replace it. This is a common replacement item. Part number R0511900