poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

Have Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 - I had a bad sensor since I was

Customer Question

Have Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 - I had a bad sensor since I was getting a "No flow" message - and I was getting error message 145 ( high salinity) when salinity was very low. I installed NEW sensor - and now it reads flow - but still shows error message 145 - even after I added plenty of salt to get my salinity back up ( 360 lbs!) - do I need to recalibrate or have tech look at unit for bad board?
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 1400 Model ~ 1.5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what the work is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I have significant experience with the Aquapure PLC 1400 but there have been several versions so please let me know the following:

Is your cell a two port or three port cell?
Does your signal wire from your new sensor have a small gray control box in line with the cable tat sits outside of teh main control box?

Also, do you have a volt meter?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
three port cell - new sensor does have small gray control box. PRG A and Sensor Flow LEDs are lit.NO I do not have a volt meter.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Ok. Do you have this type of control box?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is the one!
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Ok, open the door and get a flathead screwdriver and remove the front cover (should be two screws).

Let me know when you're there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry Steve. I'm at work and my panel is 70 miles away! I won't be able to be in front of it until later today.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you describe what you want me to look at when I do get there?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Sure. I want you to follow the procedure shown HERE

Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 months ago.

Then give me the three readings.