Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

I have a Jandy LX1 Heater. New issue developed in the last

Customer Question

I have a Jandy LX1 Heater. New issue developed in the last few days. Heater will start up and then say Ignition Control fault and shut down. The technical support team does not answer the phone
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Gaztech replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 4 months ago.

Upon start up blower should start and the with the front panel off look for the ignitor getting hot orange color. then flame ignites, and then flame sensor tell the control board that ignition is good, this is where it is probably failing and you will need to remove flame sensor it is write beside the ignitor and scrub the metal pin to remove combustion residue. it may need to be replace if the white porceline part of it is cracked.

in case you dont have manual, here is a link for it and go through maintenance.