garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.

I have a Raypack 400000 btu propane pool heater. the screen

Customer Question

HI PEARL, I have a Raypack 400000 btu propane pool heater . the screen is reading Low Voltage. it won't fire up.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I did replace the circuit board once last year, i have the 1.03 version.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If i can mange it, i am pretty handy and I am licensed Engineer. sometimes the electrical circuitry gets me confused.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 4 months ago.

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your heater.

When the heater goes through the Self Test and "LOW VOLTAGE" is displayed, this indicates power supply from the transformer is below 20 Volts A.C. (VAC). 24-28 VAC is required for reliable operation. Verify the correct voltage is going into the heater. It should be 120 or 240 volts, depending on the power supply being used.

Do you have a volt meter to check supply voltage? There may be a good possibility that something occurred when replacing the timer!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Gary. I had to get to a job. I do have a Voltmeter but I don't be able to get to it until later tonight.

OK. Just make certain the wiring from the time clock is connected properly to the heater. If you find the voltage correct, the heater should fire.

Just wanted to follow up to see if you still need help with this? Please let me know as this question is showing as open. Thank you.