Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

I just had my in ground pool liner replaced. We filled it up

Customer Question

I just had my in ground pool liner replaced. We filled it up no problem but once it sat over night i notice it's lost a inch of water where could the leak be
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry that no one has answered before now. I will try and give insight in case you are still experiencing a problem. Depending on where you live part of the loss could be evaporation. The new water is cool and it can be very hot this time of year. If I were to assume that the evaporative loss is 1/4 of an inch then your loss is 3/4 inch. This equates to a hole if you imagine of a slit of about 1/4 of an inch. With a new liner you need to look for stripped screws at the inlets, skimmer and if applicable the step area. If you have a manufacturer seam separation the loss may increase as the seam separation continues to grow. Also check to be sure no one put a ladder back into the pool and did not put new ladder bumpers on the ladder. Let me know if you are still having problems.