tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

How do I repair an pool liner? I have an inground pool that

Customer Question

How do I repair an pool liner? I have an inground pool that has about 3 tears in it about 3-5 feet long. Can I repair these tears? If not, how do I install a new liner and approx how much? Pool is 20x50 inground. Please provide links and amounts with your answer.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 4 months ago.
There are patch products but will require the rips to be above water and will likely only last one summer. I normally recommend for temp repairs near the surface on punch holes or small rips. Liner replacement is pretty simple. Drain pool. Unclip or unfasten the liner from around the pool coping(where it meets the deck). Make sure to use a recommended sealant around lights, skimmers, and drains when installing new liner. Refill pool. Sometimes local pool services can help with install and drain/refill and not be terribly priced if they get a discount on the liner. You did not specify depth or color so I cannot really help with price. These are almost all custom anyway and will require a quote. and are both companies I would work with online.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Looking to ONLY repair the liner, please give me some information on this with links, thanks.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 4 months ago. This is what would probably work best for your tears. If possible apply in 70 degree weather and dry even though it says it can be used under water.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please provide some repair products for larger tears. Basically, I probably need to cut a 3x5 foot section off and repair it.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 4 months ago.
I apologize but this is not something I feel comfortable advising you on. I will opt out of the question and maybe another expert can assist you. Please do not reply or do any action until another expert helps or you will come back to me.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry your question did not get picked up. This patch is large. I would leave existing liner on. When dry apply glue liberally to both the liner and patches and smooth out. It may be you need to apply a second piece over seams between patches. Wait for first set to cure before applying second. Always try to overlap liner or patches by at least 1 inch.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 4 months ago.
If you would like to wait and see if another expert I can opt out again. If you have questions regarding my recommendation please let me know.