Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work

I have a thermospa park ave and one of the plastic fittings

Customer Question

I have a thermospa park ave and one of the plastic fittings is leaking. Not sure how to tighten or loosen it and where to get a replacement part if needed.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If it is leaking at a union nut then you may just be able to tighten it with a strap wrench. click here The seal is made on the O-ring that is on the flange inside so putting sealant on the threads does not do anything so do not do that. If tightening the nut does not solve the issue then the O-ring on the flange is either broken or out of the groove that it sits in. This would require draining down the tub below the jets then loosening the nut all the way (there may be shut offs on either side of the motor so draining the tub would not be required if there are) then replacing the O-ring. Do not put Vasoline or any petroleum products to lubricate it either. If you wish to lubricate anything then be sure to use silicone based lubricants. There is also not much point in trying to re-use the same O-ring if it was out of the groove. It is likely stretched at that point and almost impossible to get back in. One of these O-rings will almost certainly fit. click here They may not carry this specific pack but they do have one similar. I just could not find it on their site.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 3 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?