garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

I have a sta-rite SR400NA heater which keeps showing

Customer Question

I have a sta-rite SR400NA heater which keeps showing "service system". The red light under the cover is showing "PS". The water flow is good, I have bypassed the pressure switch but it keeps showing the same "service system".
What else could be the problem?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 8 months ago.

Hi:

My name is*****'ll be glad to assist you with your heater.

Did you bypass the pressure switch by removing the 2 wires from the pressure switch and connecting them together so they are making good contact electrically? If you bypassed the pressure switch some other way, please let me know the steps you did to do this.

If you did bypass the pressure switch in the manner I described, are you still getting the "PS" light on the back of the board, and the "SERVICE SYSTEM" light coming on at the front panel? If so, try disconnecting power to the heater at the circuit breaker, waiting a minute, then turning it back on, as this may reset it.

Hi:

Checking back to see if the heater reset after turning breaker off then on?