Pool and Spa
Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) You 1st need to locate or purchase the low voltage bulbs and confirm if they will have the same Edison based threads that will fit into the existing sockets.
2) Next step is the total quantity of bulbs with the wattage rating needs to be confirmed in order to size the transformer.
3) Next step is to calculate and size the low voltage transformer.
4) Also need to know the approximate distance from the transformer to the last light bulb in the chain in order to calculate the voltage drop.
5) How many low volts will the transformer be? 120 VAC to 12 VDC or a different low voltage size?
What is the existing wire size?
H, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You can use an A19LED lamp 12VDC equal to 105W lamp. 4 lamps will need a 12VDC transformer with a minimum 4A output. Available at the link below.
A 300W outdoor Malibu transformer is available on eBay for $27.00.