Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

I keep getting "SNS and Temperature" alternating, I've tried

Customer Question

I keep getting "SNS and Temperature" alternating, I've tried turning off breakers and unplugging the sensor wires and then reconnect. After I reset the breaker I still get the same message. What should I do?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the brand and model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Cal Spa Model OE9900 Controller
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll wait for your response
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 1 year ago.

This error code is letting you know the hot tub believes there is a problem with the temperature sensor. First you would want to replace the temperature sensor and then if that does not fix the problem you would need to inspect the circuit board in the control pack as it may "think" the sensor is bad. Some technicians have the ability or knowledge to check a temp sensor to read the electrical output to a chart to determine this. It is usually much less expensive to replace the sensor first before a new circuit board. You will need to know the number on the control box to find which one is used. Most Cal spas have a Balboa pack possibly an M7 or some name would be on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My spa is a swim tub and has two sensors. One that has a 12" lead and the second has a 24" lead. How do I know which one to replace?

You need to see where they go at the board. ON the circuit board it will be marked. One is a temp sensor and the other is the Hi Limit sensor (SNS-HL is usually the error code for this one). However, if you know the what control pack you have it will be easy to distinguish which is which based on the length. ON Cal spas they are usually sold in sets with both sensors. REally need to know the control pack info when you order one and the tech where you order can determine this easily. Or let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I'll replace both just to make sure

That is what most people do. I'm glad I could help.