Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a Bullfrog X-series spa and I can't clear the dr/dy

Customer Question

I have a Bullfrog X-series spa and I can't clear the dr/dy error code
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It hasn't been used in a couple of months and went into sleep mode. I reset power and filled it up. It has gone through the prime function a couple of times but still displays dr/dy
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 6 months ago.

The DR code means there is no water flow through the heater. You may have a pump air lock where air is trapped in pump and you need to loosen the union on front of pump to release air. You may have a bad pump that is not working or a bad pressure/Flow switch located on or next to the heater housing this switch has two wires on it and you need to jump acrioss the two wires to simulate the switch closing and send power to heater. I believe it is the pump that supplies water to heater that is your issue.