poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.

Garry, I replaced the ignition module and still the blower

Customer Question

Garry,I replaced the ignition module and still the blower does not come on. So far I have replaced the blower, the pressure switch and ignition module. When I jump the blower it starts but not through the ignition module
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make and model of the unit and the ignition control you replaced?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your reply but I'd rather wait for Garry. he is familiar with the issue as i have asked him a previous question on this unit.

OK no problem!

Expert:  garrygoeson replied 4 months ago.

Hi Steve:

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had to leave the area on a moments notice, but I am back now

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No problem. I have replaced the Ignition Module on my Pentair Minimax NT LNbut still have the same sympton. The power,pressure switch lights are green, and then aclick and the thermostat light turns green. Then nothing. When I jump theblower f1 and f2 the blower runs. I have also replaced the blower motor, gas pressure switch, and the thermal fuse. The hi and low temp were replaced about a year ago along with the thermistor. Bad ignition module, board, or something else?Thanks for your help.

I believe you stated this was for a Mini Max NT? Do you have the 6800 board or the DDTC board? The 6800 board has the rocker switch in the center, four lights on the left and two lights on the right. There are two dials below the rocker switch to set the temp for pool and spa.

Disconnect fan wiring at F1 and F2. Leave power on to the heater. Check for continuity with an ohm meter while attempting to fire the heater. Check for 24 volts at "IND" on the module.

Just to be sure you understand, I'm referring to F1 and F2 on the module terminals, NOT the wiring going to these terminals, (for the fan).