Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a caldera Tahitian utopia hot tub that is not

Customer Question

I have a caldera Tahitian utopia hot tub that is not heating, I had a bad relay board about a year ago with one burnt relay, replaced board and it worked fine. This time neither relay is putting out power with no visual burn marks on board, think it is problem with 12v not being put out to relays even though red heater light is on, I'm not sure how to check this. Thanks
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 9 months ago.

To check the 12 volts in a circuit on board you need to laocate the transformer on board it is a square unit with a coil and it had an inlet power and output power there is a white plug in the center of the board that goes to the transformer you need to test power into transformer to check the 220 volts and then the out put for 12-24 volts if no out put then replace transformer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The transformer on this board appears to be a multi voltage transformer, (5v, 9v, 12v, and 20v) it is a smaller board that is raised off of main board and connected through soldered terminals, I was looking for a way to check voltage on 9 pin connector where relay board hooks on to determine if my main board needs replaced or the relay board has some kind of problem. Connector is not labeled and not shown in schematic. Also on relay board D9 is flashing red.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there anyone who can answer this question? Does caldera have a tech support number? I could not find one
Customer: replied 9 months ago.