Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction

I over filled my hot tub today after cleaning it. I think

Customer Question

I over filled my hot tub today after cleaning it. I think maybe I got something wet inside the box underneath because the GFCI breaker keeps tripping when I try to turn it on. However, it will let me turn it on if the jets are going. If I turn the jets off, the tub turns off.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** today I decided to clean my hot tub, after I was finished cleaning I refilled it... I got distracted and it overflowed for quite some time before I noticed. When I went to turn the tub back on, it only stayed on for a second and then the GFCI tripped. Over and over again I tried, but it kept tripping. I tried flipping the breaker in the house and the one in the box by the tub, but nothing helped. The only thing tripping was the GFCI under neath the hot tub. HOWEVER, the hot tub will stay on if I reset the GFCI with the jets on....? If I turn the jets off while it's running, it trips. Or if I try to turn it on with the jets off, the GFCI trips. ??? Help!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like the circuit board got wet. Easy fix. Turn off all power and open the skirting to expose the control box underneath spa where electric goes in there you will see the circuit board, take a blow dryer and dry off the circuit board, be careful not to get too close to the board you do not want to burn anything, once this is done close up and reset breaker and spa should be fine.