Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

2006 tiger river Caspian with 1.5 Year old heater stopped

Customer Question

2006 tiger river Caspian with 1.5 Year old heater stopped heating. I tested continuity of Heater and it appears to be good. New water and filter and circulator pum is working. where do I start? replace the thermostat/Thermistor?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: I tested the limit switch by unpluggin and I heard the relay switch off power to the heater so I beleive that is working. I also turned the temp down and the heat light cam on at 88 degrees
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need and answer
Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.

Have you tested flow/pressure switch yet?

Even though pump is running we still need to verify the switch is closed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the reply Billy how do I test that switch?
Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.

first locate HERE

click on internal parts.

Expert:  Billy replied 6 months ago.

Then follow wires to board ....tell me what terminals the wires are on in your board

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Locate where? There is no link or picture. Can you send me an email so we can figure it out, exchange photo's etc. That would make sense in an effort to solve the problem.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Billy, I found the place where the pressure switch plugs into my main board right next to the limit switch. (I had made a video on my phone and saved it) I recall when I replaced the heater a year + ago that with this new heater one of the switches required a bypass jumper? (I believe it was the pressure switch) does that make sense) I will go verify now. If I check continuity on the connector (not the board) to either or both of those connectors does the board want to see open or closed for normal operation. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you please answer the last question. Thanks