tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor

Vitaspa 2004 model with a L50 topside control. No display on

Customer Question

Vitaspa 2004 model with a L50 topside control. No display on topside control when plugged in. New topside purchased d Also has no display. Tried new heater and water flow sensors today and still does not work. If I plug in when the heater sensor is not plugged in, it runs for 2 seconds and shuts off with no topside display. All voltage, watts, ohms check out. I have replaced both fuses on the board as well.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pool and Spa Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 4 months ago.
I don't recall if that particular model has an off board transformer but I would look for it. Your troubleshooting leads me to a bad circuit board. The sensors you describe would not likely cause power loss but rather error codes.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What does it look like?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The transformer. What am I looking for?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.