garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

I have a Raypak pool heater, model P-R336A-EN-C, and it is

Customer Question

HI. I have a Raypak pool heater, model P-R336A-EN-C, and it is giving me an "SNS" (Sensor Failure) error message on the display. Any idea how I can fix this tonight so I can get the heater fired up for parts tomorrow? Thanks.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 6 months ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your heater

SNS indicates the Temp sensor is out of range. Assuming the water temp is not below 36 degrees or above 110 degrees F, the sensor may be faulty and the only way of getting the heater going is to replace it with a new one. I realize this may not help you get the heater going tonight.

The only thing you can try for now is to remove the 4 screws on both sides of the Up Front Control Panel and pull it down to access the circuit board. Look for "P1" connection. This is the connection the sensor plugs into. Unplug it and carefully clean the pins on the board. Plug the sensor back in. Note: Make sure the power to the heater is off when you unplug it. After you plug the sensor back into "P1", return power to the heater and see if the SNS code disappears. If not, you will have to get a replacement.

I'm truly hoping this will work so you will be able to have the heater fired up for tomorrow. Good Luck!

Let me know what you find. thank you