Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

My spa is a Blue Ridge. It reads PS1 on topside panel. The

Customer Question

My spa is a Blue Ridge. It reads PS1 on topside panel. The heater isn't working but the jets work and you can hear it click underneath when it goes from the temp to PS1
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My spa is a Blue Ridge. It reads PS1 on topside panel. The heater isn't working but the jets work and you can hear it click underneath when it goes from the temp to PS1
JA: Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I am going to be charged yes please answer altho upon further looking I think the clicking is coming from the circuit board just not sure if it's a fuse or how to check. Its not 60 so says fc 58 and then PS1
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

do you know where the flow switch is?

We need to make sure it is closed and staying closed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry I do not unless you mean pressure/flow switch receptacle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My electric panel say 9075T, 9066T, 9067T
240VAC system (pac 67T)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last time ever got PS1 cleaned filters all was good
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

You need to look at the pressure flow switch which is usually located on the heater tube, it looks like a small round flying saucer with two wires going to it. This is most likely the issue. You can test this by jumping across the two wires to simulate the switch closing, if the error code goes away you need to replace switch. DO not run spa with this switch bypassed for very long.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the pressure flow switch like you suggested but it is still
clicking and showing PS1

Lets try a test. get a piece of wire and jump across the two wires on the pressure switch/flow switch and see if the PS1 goes away. Check all plug connections to be sure they are snug. It is possible that it is a bad circuit board as the new switch should have solved the issue. Make sure you have good water flow from pump through the heater and pressure switch. The pump may be air bound, be clogged or not working at all. The click you hear should be the relay either opening or closing and since the switch is new I have to think that there is not enough water flow through system for switch to close.