Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

Problem with D1 panel 4 dashes : fitted a new board, tried

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: Problem with D1 panel 4 dashes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: fitted a new board, tried everything but still wont go past these 4 dashes, locks the panel out
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: its a D1 reflections chairman spa from 2006 with a K24 topside.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried holding the "icon" button down for 5 seconds? This resets any watchdog error which is what the 4 dashes are.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Yes we tried that but still the 4 dashes, we have also checked the flow switch is not jammed open or shut by checking continuity and it is ok. The original problem was a faulty and cracked topside and the 4 lines with a 'F symbol at the end. The engineer replaced the board and the topside as a job lot as he believed this was the issue. With the fitting of an identical like for like board and panel this same error has occurred. The only thing left for him to check is the temp sensor but doesn't have the correct one on the van. He has tried 2 other brands of sensor just to see if he could get some sort of response to confirm a sensor issue but still the same issue. Any expert help or experience with this particular issue would be greatly appreciated.

This error is usually either a bad boot up by the spa (power interrupt etc). You have already tried to turn off and wait 2 minutes then back on I am sure. Next it could be a dirty filter (is filter over 2 years old?) or obstruction causing an over heat situation. However this usually takes a minute or two to throw the watchdog error up. Next is the temp sensor.... what you need to do is stand at the tub while someone puts the power on. There may be an error code (SN etc.) that shows briefly before the temp numbers show and then it goes to watchdog error. This will give you a clue to what sensor may be bad. And last is a bad capacitor on a circuit board. The capacitors on the board look like batteries and should be flat on the end. If they are not flat on end and look bulged, they are bad. I know your board is new but a mistake I have had before is D1 to send me the wrong board. You HAVE to order a circuit board by the white label number that is on it. If it is the wrong circuit board you would also have the watchdog go off. Compare the numbers on the old board and the new from the white label that is ON the circuit board. I hope this gives some insight on this problem and helps.