Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

I have a 1996 Saratoga Adelphi Model 6000 spa. The pump was

Customer Question

hi. I have a 1996 Saratoga Adelphi Model 6000 spa. The pump was making a clicking noise and the display indicated "OH". I replaced the pump and when refilled the spa and turned it on the heat light doesn't come on and after a few minutes pump and jets turn on but no heat. The blower and jets work file but no heat or heat light. I looked for a high temp switch but don't find one??
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.
OH stands for over heat and the temperature sensors are telling the control system that the water is over 112 degrees approx at heater. Did you open the gate valves back on each side of the pump after you replaced the pump? Were you having any problems before the pump failed? If you do not see a high limit reset button on the heater (usually a red or black type button /stick button) try turning off the tub at the breaker for 2-5 minutes and restarting. If this does not clear the error code then the temp sensor may have failed. The temp sensor can be checked with a volt meter if you know how and have the temperature chart to current scale (this is how techs test it). Many temp sensors have the high limit switch in them which may what has failed. To replace you need the type of control pack and model (eg Gecko ___).
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Right before I replace the pump it wasn't heating up. I shut the breaker and restart it and later notice the OH code. I reset it again and that is when I heard the circulator pump clicking and making noise. I replaced the pump, drained the tub And then turned back on. The OH code is gone now but when I reset the breaker it doesn't immediately turn the pumps on and the heat light does not come on. The pump and jets come A few minutes later and run for a short time then turn off. There doesn't appear to be a high limit switch to reset. The pump and Jets run fine with good pressure but no heat. I have tried to reset it several times but still no heat light. I've lost water down the field the who but no heat. I have tried to reset it several times but still no heat light. I've forced water down the filter hole in case there was an airlock. Could be a B an airlock at the circulator pump I replaced or do you think it may be time to replace the pressure switch in her or do you think it may be time to replace the pressure switch and heAter?
I agree with you that you need to check the heater. Usually a bad pressure switch will throw a code of it's own. Heaters do not go bad often. However, does this model have a 24 circ pump (little pump)? They will not throw a code and if they stop working the heat does not work. Everything else will work but heat. This was an option at one time on these hot tubs. If you do have one...that's it.