poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Raypak 266A. The heater was working a few days ago,

Customer Question

I have a Raypak 266A. The heater was working a few days ago, but no more. I hear a spark, and can smell gas. I get an error message of ignition failure. No pilot sensed. What to do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.The first thing to try in a case like this (both spark & gas present) is to clean the pilot burner including removing and cleaning the pilot burner orifice. It's also possible the electrode is out of alignment so you need to check the gap while you have the pilot burner out. Specs call for .18" + or - .04"
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I haven't responded. I am out of town today & tomorrow, returning late tomorrow night. I'll look on Thursday.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Ok