Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor

I have a Jandy Aqua Pure Model AP1400, I live in Canada and

Customer Question

I have a Jandy Aqua Pure Model AP1400, I live in Canada and have just started my pool system 3 days ago. The system keeps beeping and the indicator flashes 170 and 40%.
What do I do
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Speedy answers??????? it's been 3 hours and no answer???? Scam
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 5 months ago.
Sorry but we do have time differences on our end. The 170 is a code that either the front board is not receiving the correct voltage or no communication from back circuit board. The 40% is your percentage of generation for the unit to set your chlorine production.After a winter storage, first check all connections for corrosion and loose connections. Unplug and plug back in connections.Then you can do these diagnostics.Disconnect the flow salinity temp sensor from the front board.Press and hold the test buttons marked salinity and R-temp. While still pressing the test buttons press the ‘Salinity ’key (‘C’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 2.8 gpl.While still holding the two front board test buttons press the ‘Pool Temperature’ key (‘D’). It should read 75°F or 24°C.Next, press and hold the board ‘H-Temp’ test button, and at the same time press the ‘Salinity’ key ‘C’ together with the ‘Chlorine Production Rate’ arrow down key (‘A’) on the front cover of the unit. The LCD should read 91°F or 33°C.If the readings are correct then the front board is in good working order and the problem is with the flow sensor. If the readings are different, then it indicates that there is a problem with the front board.
If you call a service tech to check the board be sure they have a service board so they can pop one in to be sure that is the problem. There is no way to actually "test" the board. Same with cords etc.
Again I apologize for the delay in answers.