poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I just installed a new Hayward S210S filter replacing an old

Customer Question

I just installed a new Hayward S210S filter replacing an old S200S. Backflush pressure seems strong. When in Filter mode water is barely coming out of the returns. Suction at the two skimmers is not strong. Did I install it wrong?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 6 months ago.
That's quite possible from what your describing. Look closely at the valve where you have your two pipes connected. The valve is stamped, return and pump. The port labeled pump must be plumbed into the top of the pump, and the return port should be plumbed into your return line going back in to the pool. See if they're reversed and let me know. Thanks, Jeff
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They are not reversed. It seems maybe some new sand has gotten into pool. Should I check pump impeller for clog? Though if clogged back flush shouldn't be as strong I'd think.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took the pump off. Impeller was not obstructed. Might not be sand in pool but rather duck poop maybe. Is there anyting I could have done wrong inside the filter that could cause this? Thanks, Rob see attached photo of plumbing. Return line goes to heater. I can hear water flowing through the heater and out to pool. Pressure on VariFlow valve shows 23 when in filter mode.