poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Jandy pool heater won't start. Shows fuse link fault JA:

Customer Question

jandy pool heater won't start. Shows fuse link fault
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: All the pumps work , but heater won't kick on to heat water
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Pool Technician should know?
Customer: No. That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.The fuse link (see attached pic for typical) on most models is down near the burners, just outside the burner chamber. You'll need to replace it if that's the problem. You can determine if it is (and not just a bad connection) by connecting the 2 leads on the device together. If you don't have a suitable jumper you can try inserting a paper clip or a piece of wire into the the connectors to connect them. The connection fit should be pretty tight. Turn off the power to the unit before you try this then turn it back on once you've made the connection. If the unit fires up when you turn the power back on then you need a new fuse link. You must not operate the unit with this device bypassed. The above is for testing only.