Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

I live in Phoenix Arizona. Woke up this morning and the pool

Customer Question

I live in Phoenix Arizona. Woke up this morning and the pool level is very high overflowing. What could be the cause? I did open the filter and cleaned and noticed sand in the bottom of the filter. We cleaned that out.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 6 months ago.
If you did not experience large rain last night or left a garden hose running into the pool you may have an automatic water leveler on the pool and it could have a stuck float assembly if there is not an electrical unit near the pump and filter area. There could be a skimmer lid type box on the deck that is not a skimmer.
If there is a lid (it may be screwed down) you can open it and check the float inside. It looks and operates the same as a toilet tank float. It would add water slowly to the pool. It has a screw type mechanism on the rod that you turn that adjusts the water level in pool. Do you see any of this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I do not believe that we have a automatic water leveler on the pool. I will note that when I drained the filter tank the tank was full.
The filter system is under pressure and it would be full, especially if you system is below water level of the pool.Water can only get into a pool from a hose or a line for an auto fill. Did you turn any valves during the filter cleaning process that you normally do not use?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The wife just said she turned then one that turns the pump on. I do not know of a switch (other than on the timer) that turns the pump on.
Not a switch a valve. A handle somewhere in the plumbing.